Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
With even the upscale neighborhoods along the Gold Coast, many of these residences fight a losing battle against groundwater conditions and their basement walls. With many of these lower levels being finished into additional living space or recreational areas, the development of conditions like mold could present health effects for those exposed. Initial inspections and environmental testing by our SERVPRO of Darien / New Canaan team can indicate the likelihood of mold colonization based on the present concentrations of spores and microbes.
Mold Damage Repairs and Reconstruction
Addressing the damage that mold can do in a structure is a considerable step to take towards making these losses "Like it never even happened." With a general contracting division of our team, we can offer a comprehensive solution to these concerns, complete with efficient remediation strategies, repairs, and reconstruction as required. Controlled demolition is often necessary for materials like drywall and other porous surfaces. It can provide a stable foundation for reconstruction and rebuilding of the property once the colonization has gotten addressed successfully.
Several Remediation Strategies for Area Homes
Remediation does not seek to remove all of the mold spores and naturally occurring microbes from an environment, as this is unnecessary. The threatening aspect of mold damage is active colonization and the spreading organism, which is the focal point of remediation approaches. Several strategies and techniques are utilized in the removal of active colonies, some of which include:
- Surface sanding
- Abrasive cleaning
- Media blasting
- Antimicrobial wipe cleaning
- Controlled demolition
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (203) 966-6264
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Darien / New Canaan?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (203) 966-6264
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Darien / New Canaan is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We proudly serve Darien, CT, New Canaan, CT, and surrounding areas.